• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sidewalk ramp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

miamiparis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
I thought that if I see a sign “Pay to park” in a block, I have to pay for parking. But a friend told me that if there is a sidewalk ramp in this block and that there is a no sign “Pay to park” between the sidewalk ramp and the end of the block, I can park in this area without paying for parking.
I followed her advice, I never paid and I never had a ticket for approximately 2 years. But today, I received one. Can it be contested? Was my friend right or wrong?
Just to give more details, the sidewalk is divided in 2 parts by a sidewalk ramp, and on 1 side, there is a sign “Pay to park”, and on the other, there is no sign. I parked where there was no sign.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
I thought that if I see a sign “Pay to park” in a block, I have to pay for parking. But a friend told me that if there is a sidewalk ramp in this block and that there is a no sign “Pay to park” between the sidewalk ramp and the end of the block, I can park in this area without paying for parking.
I followed her advice, I never paid and I never had a ticket for approximately 2 years. But today, I received one. Can it be contested? Was my friend right or wrong?
Just to give more details, the sidewalk is divided in 2 parts by a sidewalk ramp, and on 1 side, there is a sign “Pay to park”, and on the other, there is no sign. I parked where there was no sign.
Your friend was wrong. Tell your friend she owes you. (Of course, she doesn't owe you, but hey, a good friend would reimburse you for following her lousy advice!)

HomeGuru

Ask friend for the law reference that she was referring to when she told you it was ok to park there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">