• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

are signs required for parking?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crowin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? i am in california, huntington beach.

i received a parking ticket at 9:41 pm on a saturday. i was parked in a spot with a meter, the whole street has meters. i truly did not expect to get a ticket so late at night.

there are no signs explaining the hours for the meters. the only signs read that parking is not permitted on tuesdays between 2pm and 11pm.

my question is are there any reasons that a sign would be necessary? are there any court decisions requiring jurisdictions to post the rules?

thank you all.

CdwJava

Unless the meter was signed to indicate hours of operation, the meter is required to be fed.

You can appeal the citation following the instructions on the back of the citation.

Crowin

i understand that in the absence of any sign it is to be assumed that the meter must be fed. thank you for your response. i will definitely feed the meter the next time i do not see a sign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">