• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sleep apnea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Big boy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California Last month without my knowledge my doctor turned me in to DMV saying that I had sleep apnea I found out by a letter I got in the mail. I followed the instructions I had to do but when it came to my doctor part she ignored my emails my phone calls and it went passed the date I had to turn in the paperwork to DMV and now my DL is suspended and I am about to lose my job over this what can I do to help myself

justalayman

Having sleep apnea itself should not be a basis to suspend your license. It must affect you in such a manner that you would be considered a hazard to others. Did you report episodes of falling asleep uncontrollably while driving?

Have you visited your doctors office to attempt to speak with anybody? Have you made an appointment to see your doctor?

Big boy

Having sleep apnea itself should not be a basis to suspend your license. It must affect you in such a manner that you would be considered a hazard to others. Did you report episodes of falling asleep uncontrollably while driving?

Have you visited your doctors office to attempt to speak with anybody? Have you made an appointment to see your doctor?
I never reported that I fall sleep behind the wheel. That form Kaiser tell you to feel out I think is says do you ever feel tired while driving. My day 3am I start work at 430 or 500am I work at a desk in front of a computer 10hrs or 9.50 hrs a day. At my job we rotate driving and I haven't drove in over a year Yes I do feel tired sometimes I gave a explanation to why I felt tired and when I do feel tired I pull over and I get out walk around for a few min then I get back on the road not that it matter but I have a clean DMV record I work for the state of CA I pass all my safety test when it comes to driving that the state give me

justalayman

So it appears you are human.

Did you make an appointment to see the doctor again? Did you actually physically go to their office to speak with somebody about this?

Given you knew of the time constraint, one would think you would take the quickest means available to speak with the doctor or their office. When calls and emails did not elicit a response, i would think one would step up their attempts and means to seek contact.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I never reported that I fall sleep behind the wheel. That form Kaiser tell you to feel out I think is says do you ever feel tired while driving. My day 3am I start work at 430 or 500am I work at a desk in front of a computer 10hrs or 9.50 hrs a day. At my job we rotate driving and I haven't drove in over a year Yes I do feel tired sometimes I gave a explanation to why I felt tired and when I do feel tired I pull over and I get out walk around for a few min then I get back on the road not that it matter but I have a clean DMV record I work for the state of CA I pass all my safety test when it comes to driving that the state give me
A doctor does not base a diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea on the answer to a single question on a form. There is either more to the story that you haven't told us or the doctor improperly communicated something to the DMV. I would suggest that you either get in touch with your doctor so that you can be fully tested, or find another doctor to perform the proper diagnostic tests.

LdiJ

A doctor does not base a diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea on the answer to a single question on a form. There is either more to the story that you haven't told us or the doctor improperly communicated something to the DMV. I would suggest that you either get in touch with your doctor so that you can be fully tested, or find another doctor to perform the proper diagnostic tests.
I agree. I have sleep apnea and once a person gets on a C-Pap machine the entire problem goes away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">