• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Street Sweeper- Parking Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confused723

What is the name of your state? California

I forgot to move my car this morning and the street sweeper came through. I received a parking violation and have no problem paying. My only worry is that it will show up on my auto insurance... will this happen?

The Occultist

That is a question only your agent can give an accurate answer to. Of course, if you decide to ask, ask anonymously... just in case.

But no, non-moving violations typically will not affect your premiums.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? California

I forgot to move my car this morning and the street sweeper came through. I received a parking violation and have no problem paying. My only worry is that it will show up on my auto insurance... will this happen?
It's a parking ticket...won't affect your insurance.

CourtClerk

Parking tickets absolutely do not appear on your DMV record, they are not traffic tickets so you can go ahead and pay it and not worry about your premiums going up. :)

CourtClerk

ABSOLUTELY will not affect.

Why not plead not guilty? If you've got the time, the judge might toss it...never know
Since parking tickets are not traffic tickets, when you go to dispute it, it does not go before a judge, but an administrative body for the city that wrote the ticket -- and guess what? Just about everyone loses.

CdwJava

confused723 said:
No, it won't.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">