• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons for No Insurance Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cnska

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?GA
I was pulled over my county sheriff in GA for insurance lapse and got a summons to court I renewed my insurance the very next day but was wondering what to except as far as fines or do I have a lot to worry about or not

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
See the following for DMV related info:

https://dor.georgia.gov/penalties-and-fines-lapse-insurance-coverage

Also this:

First and foremost, if you are caught driving without current valid insurance in Georgia, you will be charged with a misdemeanor, and it will remain on your record permanently. Additionally, you will have to appear in court and pay a fine in the amount of $200 to $1000. To top it off, your license will be suspended for 60 to 90 days. That means no driving. It is also possible, though unlikely, that you will receive jail time of up to 12 months. Jail time is usually reserved for repeat offenders who will also face steeper fines and longer suspensions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">