• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sweeping street parking violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

James 007

What is the name of your state? State: California - City: Westminster

This morning, I went out the street where i had parked my car from last night and moved my car so that I would not get a ticket for the sweeping street parking violation.At the mean time, I saw an officer who was giving tickets for others car on the same street from a distance. I ran to my car and successed drive my car away from the parking zone.

I was really mad because I was driving my car in the middle of the street and the officer stoped my car and give me a fine. I dont know if I cant win this case over this officer.
I dont know if an officer can stop someone on the moving state of their vehicle on the street and give them a fine for parking ticket like this.

He is a kind of suck guy in a very nice uniform. it is not absolutely an attitude of an officer. Please help me with all advices. Thank you very much

Last edited:

Happy Trails

James 007 said:
What is the name of your state? State: California - City: Westminster

This morning, I went out the street where i had parked my car from last night and moved my car so that I would not get a ticket for the sweeping street parking violation.At the mean time, I saw an officer who was giving tickets for others car on the same street from a distance. I ran to my car and successed drive my car away from the parking zone.

I was really mad because I was driving my car in the middle of the street and the officer stoped my car and give me a fine. I dont know if I cant win this case over this officer.
I dont know if an officer can stop someone on the moving state of their vehicle on the street and give them a fine for parking ticket like this.

He is a kind of suck guy in a very nice uniform. it is not absolutely an attitude of an officer. Please help me with all advices. Thank you very much
If you were illegally parked the officer can give you a ticket, even if you were no longer in the spot of the violation. He observed it and ticketed you for the offense.

racer72

If the officer saw your car parked during a time it was illegal to park, the ticket is valid and you have no defense. It is not a moving violation and will not affect your driving record or insurance. Pay the ticket.

You Are Guilty

Well, there is one loophole you might be able to exploit. I'm told that for parking tickets only (not moving violations), if you eat the ticket within 24 hours of receipt, then, take the "processed" ticket from your other end and mail it in with a "not guilty" plea, you can get off. I have never tried this as I haven't gotten a CA parking ticket (yet), but if you have the time, it's worth a shot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">