• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tag attached not assigned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thedorkster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Traded vehicles with my parents over the weekend and my dad attached my old tag to the new car to drive home. I was on my way to transfer tag/title this morning and was in front of the courthouse when I was pulled over for 320.261 Tag attached not assigned. The deputy did not seize the tag since I had explained that I was there to transfer. He just warned that he would if he saw me later today without transfer and gave me a court date. I then went and transferred tag/title. I've no other criminal record and only 2 speeding tickets total. Can anyone give some idea of what to expect with the case?

Dave1952

What case? Did he issue you a ticket? If so, pay it. If not then he let you off with a warning.

Good luck

patstew

So go to court on the court date and take your documentation with you. Maybe you'll get lucky, but basically you WERE guilty.

P.S. Isn't this a moving violation?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">