• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket at 4:03 in a "tow-away zone 4-7"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jasper05

I parked my vehicle plus a trailor at two meters. I unfortunately didn't see the "tow-away 4-7pm" sign since it was at the bottom of the block (there was no sign at the top of the block). Nevertheless, I was there at 4:05, and I received a ticket at 4:03 for parking in the tow-away zone for twice the normal amount ($70 instead of $35) I'm assuming because of the attached trailor. Is there no grace period from when the parking restriction starts to the time they can issue the ticket? This ticket was received in California, thank you!

patstew

I parked my vehicle plus a trailor at two meters. I unfortunately didn't see the "tow-away 4-7pm" sign since it was at the bottom of the block (there was no sign at the top of the block). Nevertheless, I was there at 4:05, and I received a ticket at 4:03 for parking in the tow-away zone for twice the normal amount ($70 instead of $35) I'm assuming because of the attached trailor. Is there no grace period from when the parking restriction starts to the time they can issue the ticket?
No.

Not seeing the sign doesn't exempt you from the regulation. As one of my officers says, we all need to open up our banjo eyes and pay attention to where we're parking before we leave the vehicle.

moburkes

I parked my vehicle plus a trailor at two meters. I unfortunately didn't see the "tow-away 4-7pm" sign since it was at the bottom of the block (there was no sign at the top of the block). Nevertheless, I was there at 4:05, and I received a ticket at 4:03 for parking in the tow-away zone for twice the normal amount ($70 instead of $35) I'm assuming because of the attached trailor. Is there no grace period from when the parking restriction starts to the time they can issue the ticket? This ticket was received in California, thank you!
The grace period ended at 3:59PM.

CdwJava

If they start enforcing at 4:10, then people caught at 4:11 will ask for a grace period until 4:15 ... just when should they actually start enforcing the regulations?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">