• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket in an area that had a no parking sign over a sign for no parking over night

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I won my case and I will be refunded $106. I did take pictures of where I parked with the sign the day of the ticket. Then, I took two photographs of similar signs in the municipality which are interpreted that you can park there other than overnight for the one and during the rush hour traffic for the other. Fortunately, I didn't have to use them or even defend myself other than saying I misinterpreted the sign, and I appologize for parking there. Neither the judge nor the police officer offered any other information on the subject, and I didn't feel the need to further discuss it if they weren't going to find me guilty of the offense. I do, however, still think it's misleading, but I'll be more aware of "seperate" signs in the future.
Congratulations. I'm glad that you were successful.

justalayman

I won my case and I will be refunded $106. I did take pictures of where I parked with the sign the day of the ticket. Then, I took two photographs of similar signs in the municipality which are interpreted that you can park there other than overnight for the one and during the rush hour traffic for the other. Fortunately, I didn't have to use them or even defend myself other than saying I misinterpreted the sign, and I appologize for parking there. Neither the judge nor the police officer offered any other information on the subject, and I didn't feel the need to further discuss it if they weren't going to find me guilty of the offense. I do, however, still think it's misleading, but I'll be more aware of "seperate" signs in the future.
I may have misspelled separate but at least I'm not so, um, lacking that I can't figure out simple signage. If you can't figure that out from a sign that doesn't even require you to be able to read...well...have a great life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">