• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket for expired inspection sticker - NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

icyhot

I got a ticket in New York City for an expired inspection sticker.
I was wondering if there's any way to fight it, like send in a copy of a current new inspection sticker - kind of like when you send a copy of your insurance when getting a ticket for not having your insurance card on you.

I noticed that my sticker expired on March 18th and was honestly planning on taking it to my mechanic tomorrow, Saturday March 26th (a week late) and then I got the ticket today, Friday March 25th, right before I can get the inspection done. I'm still taking it to my mechanic on the 26th.

Thanks so much for anyones insight into this!

efflandt

You violated the law and have no defense.

Unless it was a warning ticket, you cannot expect to get out of it by getting an inspection after the ticket, any more than you could get out of failure to have insurance by purchasing insurance after you were stopped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">