• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for expired registration - it's not expired!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cruxcapacitor

Montgomery County, MD.

I was stopped and got a citation for expired registration. I still had the temporary tags on my new car which expire 11/23/2013 and was stopped on 10/29/2013. I wasn't sure of the expiration date at the time, and so did not say anything to the cop. When I got home, I looked at the tag and saw that it's not yet expired. The next day, I went to the police station to tell them about, and they said I have to go to court to dispute it.

Is there any better way to take care of this? I have clear proof that the tags aren't expired and would prefer not to go to court over a police mistake and end up paying court costs plus taking off work.

CSO286

Montgomery County, MD.

I was stopped and got a citation for expired registration. I still had the temporary tags on my new car which expire 11/23/2013 and was stopped on 10/29/2013. I wasn't sure of the expiration date at the time, and so did not say anything to the cop. When I got home, I looked at the tag and saw that it's not yet expired. The next day, I went to the police station to tell them about, and they said I have to go to court to dispute it.

Is there any better way to take care of this? I have clear proof that the tags aren't expired and would prefer not to go to court over a police mistake and end up paying court costs plus taking off work.
The only way to deal with it is through the legal sytem That means court.

Alternitvely, do nothing and either pay the fine or owe the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">