• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket For expired tags in private garage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bruno747

Missouri

I was issued two parking tickets on tuesday sept 2 2008. The first was for parking in a public spot with expired tags. The second was for not having a current missouri inspection.
The problem with these is one, ever since I have moved to saint louis I have been getting screwed by people jacking me around when ever I have questions. I am a college student, and am about 100 miles from my home. When I went to the license bureau to ask what I needed to get new tags, I was flat out told that I could not get the tags there and that I would have to got back home to do this. Me being a country boy was stupid enough to believe this, so I called down south to have mother get the tags. This was all on the 30th. She said that she would bring them up on tuesday, and that I would be fine if I didnt drive my truck untill I put the new tags on tuesday night.

At what the ticket seems to say 3:00 am, tuesday morning a cop saw my truck in the parking garage on the college campus and issued me the two tickets. At the very least one needs to be thrown out because my inspection is still valid till november of this year, and that idiot issued me a ticket for no inspection even though he put the ticket RIGHT NEXT TO THE INSPECTION STICKER that said it was still valid!

Second, he gave me a parking in a public spot with expired tags. This to me seems to be bogus because of the fact that you have to have a permit to park there (which I do, after being jerked around over that) or you will get a 50 dollar fine. You have to pay to get the permit, and Finally you have to be a student of the college or a teacher to be eligable to pay to get a permit. Since the general public cannot park there I dont deem the garage as public. Too many things that you have to do to park there. PRIVATE CAMPUS PROPERTY.

Now the tags were in route to me on tuesday, he just went out as early as he could on the first day of the new month looking for these types of things, and did not bother to look at the inspection tag. SO I know that the inspection ticket has to be thrown out, right? And I may be able to get the expired tag one out since I was screwed around, and the tags were bought just not put on and it was private property, at least in my opinion.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">