• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket lists wrong state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwl119

What is the name of your state? kansas

I got a ticket for parking over the sidewalk at my driveway, but it lists the state of my licence plate incorrectly (ticket says KS, but its actually PA)...is that gounds to get out of it?, can they link it to me if I just dont pay it?

Thanks

I dont see why not. The ticket is defective.

Write your defense in to the "hearing unit" and not the "payment unit".

Send a photo of your plates showing that you are registered in PA.

Claim that since there is evidence that part of the ticket is not written correctly, the case should be dismissed since there is now reasonable doubt that the ticket could be incorrect on other areas.

And if that doesnt work, your worst case scenario is that you will pay the ticket.

If you don't write a defense, you definitely will have to pay the ticket.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the license plate is the only item identifying your vehicle, then I'd tend to agree with Princecharming. It is entirely possible that vehicles from different states have duplicate license plate numbers.
However, if there is other identifying information on your ticket (such as the VIN), then you will not be able to fight the ticket on the mistakes you have listed.

Now...how much money are we actually talking about here? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">