• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for waiting to park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

polyfibers

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? DC

Last night, I was driving around looking for a place to park in GWU, and I saw a man get in his car. So I immediately put my right signals on and waited for him to get out so that I could park in his space. Immediately, I saw a parking lady get behind my car and start taking down my car information. I opened the window and asked the other officer what they were doing. They said I was double parked. I said I was not, and that I just stopped and had my signals on so that I could wait for the car to get out and park in his space. Then she said I was impeding the flow of traffic (there were no cars behind me). She threw the ticket in my window after I refused to sign, and I asked the officers for their names so that I could know who was citing me, and they ignored me and walked away.

So the end of the story is that while I was arguing with the parking ladies, another car got in my space, and I got a $50 find for violation P001 Abreast - "impeding traffic." Does this make ANY sense???

BelizeBreeze

You should have been there in '73...things were a lot harder.

Take the ticket to the GWU enforcement office and obtain the names of the officers. Then decide for yourself if you want to fight it.

In the end it will probably cost you more to win than to pay the fine.

HomeGuru

polyfibers said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? DC

Last night, I was driving around looking for a place to park in GWU, and I saw a man get in his car. So I immediately put my right signals on and waited for him to get out so that I could park in his space. Immediately, I saw a parking lady get behind my car and start taking down my car information. I opened the window and asked the other officer what they were doing. They said I was double parked. I said I was not, and that I just stopped and had my signals on so that I could wait for the car to get out and park in his space. Then she said I was impeding the flow of traffic (there were no cars behind me). She threw the ticket in my window after I refused to sign, and I asked the officers for their names so that I could know who was citing me, and they ignored me and walked away.

So the end of the story is that while I was arguing with the parking ladies, another car got in my space, and I got a $50 find for violation P001 Abreast - "impeding traffic." Does this make ANY sense???

**A: yes, it makes a lot of sense. You need to take an anger management class.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">