• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for wearing a seatbelt improperly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HappyD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I received a ticket for improperly wearing a seatbelt in Michigan. I was pulled over because the officer thought I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I was buckled, but had the shoulder strap under my armpit. I am on 5 feet tall and my seatbelt will not adjust low enough. If It is not under my armpit, it is accross my neck and scaping under my chin. Is there any way to fight this since it is safer for me to wear it this way instead of across my neck?

Thanks for any responses!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I received a ticket for improperly wearing a seatbelt in Michigan. I was pulled over because the officer thought I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I was buckled, but had the shoulder strap under my armpit. I am on 5 feet tall and my seatbelt will not adjust low enough. If It is not under my armpit, it is accross my neck and scaping under my chin. Is there any way to fight this since it is safer for me to wear it this way instead of across my neck?

Thanks for any responses!
You were cited for what you were doing...wearing the seat belt improperly. There are devices on the market that will help adjust a seat belt so that it fits you more comfortably and safely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">