• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticketed for expired license sticker while driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjl641

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MaryLand

A friend ask me this:
He was not speeding, or made other moving violation while driving, or use cell phone. got pulled over & was issue expired sticker ticket by police. it's been like 40 days since it expired. he is a very busy medical Doctor.
Can police do this ? also what's the chance of getting off if he fight it in court?
My answer was yes, if my friend was driving with expired license sticker. but I like EXPERT expert to answer please. THANKS

bjl641

If he car was parked on he's driveway, can cop ticket it?

2nd question is for myself. sometimes I let it expire until next month to save some $ on new sticker.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MaryLand

A friend ask me this:
He was not speeding, or made other moving violation while driving, or use cell phone. got pulled over & was issue expired sticker ticket by police. it's been like 40 days since it expired. he is a very busy medical Doctor.
Can police do this ? also what's the chance of getting off if he fight it in court?
My answer was yes, if my friend was driving with expired license sticker. but I like EXPERT expert to answer please. THANKS
Yes. Slim to none.

bjl641

my state is OHIO

Ohio state
If he car was parked on he's driveway, can cop ticket it?

Last edited:

bjl641

why do you want my friend to post?

why do you want my friend to post? he's busy. I ask for him. same question.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Being "too busy" or wanting to save money are NOT excuses for letting your registration expire or not putting on the new sticker.

Your friend is guilty and he has no defense. If he has no time to take care of his car then maybe he shouldn't own one.

And if the registration is really expired then he (and you) also risk the car getting towed and impounded by the police.

bjl641

true. I been saying how can you let sticker expired for 40 days & not renew it.

well he can afford to pay the ticket. he's rich. lol

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
true. I been saying how can you let sticker expired for 40 days & not renew it.

well he can afford to pay the ticket. he's rich. lol
Then tell him to pay his ticket and move on with life. It's costing him more to think about it than to just pay it.

I suspect your friend isn't "rich" because "rich" people generally understand the value of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">