• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticketed for parking in a City Parking permited with parking permit only, no signs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janetta1961

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I recently visited my son in Harvard,Illinois (I live in Louisiana). I parked my truck in a parking lot (Parking lot was a City parking lot but there was no posting stating that it was a City parking lot). There where no posted signs stating upon entering the lot , or anywhere near it or in it, only on place in another parking lot next to it this one that has seperate enterances (You would have to drive over to the other side, lot, to read what the sign said)that stated: "No Parking" or "Parking permited with Vaild Parking sticker" (Which aparently the City has an ordaince on all day parking, however it is not posted). I would have no problemin paying the tickets. To me it is a matter of principle. How is it that a visitor is to know that they are violating a CIty ordinace, if there are no postings stating such? I recieved a Notice to appear in court 1200 miles away. On the Notice, there is not even a number to call, it just says that I need to appear to respond to the charges. I mean come on what is this Country coming to? How long and how much would it cost the city, if one have to sit in jail for failure to pay a parking ticket where it was not even posted "No Parking or Parking permited with Permit only"? I bet more than the City made off giving parking tickets to people in these areas.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

janetta1961

No signs posted.

Because there are signs posted "No Parking" everywhere on the street ajoining to it, other than the parking lot. So why would you not?Make sense~

FlyingRon

Doesn't make sense. You had no clue that it was a municipal lot either. It might have been private property. You're lucky you weren't towed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">