• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben7303

I live Pensacola, FL. I was driving and came across a license check, I stoped and gave the cop everything he asked for he then said pull off the road I'm going to check the tent. It was a little bit over the leagle limmit. So my questions are, Can a car lot sell a car that is not totaly leagle? Is there anything that might give a false reading on the tint leaval? such as cloudy day or a dirty window.

Thanks to anyone who is able to help,

~ben

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Tint. Legal. Limit.

It's possible that he misread the tint. You're free to get it independently measured and take that to court. If this was an aftermarket tint job, a legal shop would have placed the certification sticker on the driver's door jam. Is that there? Is this factory tint?

Florida has some of the most lenient tint laws.

Whether the car was legal or not on the lot is largely immaterial to you.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
...might give a false reading on the tint leaval (sic)? such as cloudy day or a dirty window.
Cloudy day? How does a cloudy day affect the amount of light which is able to pass through your window?

From my experience a dirty window makes no difference. The glass would have to have a tremendous amount of crap on it to make any noticeable difference.

HomeGuru

Cloudy day? How does a cloudy day affect the amount of light which is able to pass through your window?

From my experience a dirty window makes no difference. The glass would have to have a tremendous amount of crap on it to make any noticeable difference.
**A: yeah, maybe the tint checker was wearing sun glasses.

ben7303

I did not make this thread to her a bunch of smart ass want - to be lawyers. I thought I was getting professional advice, I must have thought wrong. I will not be back on this site. Thanks FlyingRon for a decent post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">