• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tint Ticket in OR - Two Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CaTalystX

I received a ticket for my tint being too dark in lincoln city, OR, the legal limit is 35%. (mine registered 3% on the tint meter).

I have two questions, first is this tint ticket a moving violation and will it make my insurance go up?

Second - Would it be worth going after the dealership i bought the car from to pay the ticket and pay to tint the car to 35%. Below is a little bit of background on the car:

I purchased this car used from Lithia (nationwide dealership) In July of 2006. It came with the tint already on it, and I have pictures of the car the day it was delivered still with the temporary tag (although you cant see it since the back window is so dark) and the lithia paper license plate still on the back, it is evident that the tint is illegal in that picture. I also brought a friend of mine with me when i bought the car and he could testify if need be that the tint was never changed and the car was sold to me like it was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much

racer72

first is this tint ticket a moving violation and will it make my insurance go up?
Nope.

Second - Would it be worth going after the dealership i bought the car from to pay the ticket and pay to tint the car to 35%.
Nope again. It is up to you to verify the car is legal to operate on the road.

CaTalystX

Does that apply even if it was a certified used vehicle w/ a warranty? I would think they would be as responsible for tint as they would for having an illegal exhaust or something.

The Occultist

They wouldn't be held accountable for an illegal exhaust either. As you've already been told, it is up to you has the driver to ensure that the vehicle you are operating meets the legal requirements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">