• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tinted Windows?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steveatx

What is the name of your state? TX

I have tinted driver and passenger side windows in my car, which is apparently illegal in some states, but not Texas. I am planning on visiting a friend in California, where cars cannot have this kind of tinting, and heard a story from a coworker that had his tinting ripped off by a police officer at the side of the road during a routine traffic stop.

Is this something that officers have the right to do? Is it illegal for me to drive my car in California or other states that have this type of law for people who live in those states? Thanks

seniorjudge

steveatx said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I have tinted driver and passenger side windows in my car, which is apparently illegal in some states, but not Texas. I am planning on visiting a friend in California, where cars cannot have this kind of tinting, and heard a story from a coworker that had his tinting ripped off by a police officer at the side of the road during a routine traffic stop.

Is this something that officers have the right to do? Is it illegal for me to drive my car in California or other states that have this type of law for people who live in those states? Thanks
Q: Is this something that officers have the right to do?

A: Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">