• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

towed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keifert

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was at the mediacl center in Houston this morning. I parked in the Wells Fargo parking lot in a handicap spot. I have a current handicap permit which was displayed from my mirror. When my I returned from my appointment my car had been towed. The security guard said that since I wasnt doing business in the Wells Fargo bank I could not park there. I have been under the impresson that I could use any handicap space.....Is that right or wrong? Do I have any recourse to get my money back I had to pay to get my vehicle out of inpound?

Thanks

tholt4

Were there any signs saying parking was for Wells Fargo customers only and that violators would be towed?

keifert

There were no signs at the entrance, or in front of the handicap spots, but after looking around there were signs in front of all the other spots.

moburkes

A handicap tag does not give you the right to park in ANY handicap space. The WF lot was for their patrons. Otherwise, the banking people wouldn't have a space to park, because it would be filled with people avoiding the (for fee) parking at the medical center. Generally, a notice for the entire lot is all that is needed, not a notice for each individual space.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">