• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towing law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NixonJN

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

I am asking this question to try to help my cousin. She lives in Wilmington and pays to keep her car in a garage. She parked in the assigned space but her car was towed (she was current on payment as well). When she finally found the car she had to pay $400 to have it released. The towing company and garage management keep passing blame back and forth. Which party is likely responsible and what is the best path forward to have the $400 reimbursed? Or is there no action that can be taken?

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

I am asking this question to try to help my cousin. She lives in Wilmington and pays to keep her car in a garage. She parked in the assigned space but her car was towed (she was current on payment as well). When she finally found the car she had to pay $400 to have it released. The towing company and garage management keep passing blame back and forth. Which party is likely responsible and what is the best path forward to have the $400 reimbursed? Or is there no action that can be taken?
She is going to have to get some solid info as to who authorized the tow, and why.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">