• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Court Arraignment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grantham

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

I got a ticket for no valid driver's license (a misdemeanor non-moving violation). I had thought my old driver's license from another state would be all right use. (Lesson learned.)

I got my new Alabama driver's license and asked the court clerk if I could bring it in so that I could maybe get the ticket dismissed. She said that I could either pay the fine or go to my arraignment. I will not pay the fine without going to court first, because I want to avoid a misdemeanor conviction on my record.

When I go to court, should I ask for a dismissal or wait to see if the judge will be it up. This is my first time having to go to Traffic Court, so I do not know what to expect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">