• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic fines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tuoniz

California Traffic fine issue.

I received a ticket in Alpine County, specifically Markleeville, and I didn't pay the fine. I had insurance at the time of citation, but I didn't pay the fine or provide proof during the window of opportunity allotted. My ticket is now in collections for 2092$. I don't want to be caught driving on a suspended license and I won't have the money to pay for the fees until next month. My question is, do I qualify for DL691 or any other restricted license during my suspension period? If not the DL691 is there any other temporary license that I can use while I am repaying my fine? Is there something else I can do if I can't do the former?

Thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I received a ticket in Alpine County, specifically Markleeville, and I didn't pay the fine. I had insurance at the time of citation, but I didn't pay the fine or provide proof during the window of opportunity allotted. My ticket is now in collections for 2092$. I don't want to be caught driving on a suspended license and I won't have the money to pay for the fees until next month. My question is, do I qualify for DL691 or any other restricted license during my suspension period? If not the DL691 is there any other temporary license that I can use while I am repaying my fine? Is there something else I can do if I can't do the former?

Thank you.
Why don't you contact the court and ask to speak to a judge about this matter?

CdwJava

Thank you.
The DL 691 is an application to the DMV asking for a restricted license when it has been suspended for lack of insurance. Yours has apparently been suspended for failing to appear.

On your DMV printout it should give an "authority" (Vehicle Code section) for the suspension. What is it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">