• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Ticket Assistance Needed - Any Chance of Dismissal - Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JamInTexas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS (Carrollton, TX)

I got 2 citations while driving a friends car that I had not driven before. I know that it is my responsibility to ensure that the car is legal and safe to be on the road so I'm not trying to say that I was unaware of the infractions (fyi I had no clue and didn't think to check or ask). Firstly, I left the dwelling under rushed circumstances and forgot my license so I could not provide it to the officer when asked (a no-no that the officer was very nice about). I offered my info to the officer freely as I know it by heart. My name is a complicated one to spell so I made sure to spell it multiple times for the officer and also repeated my license number and issuing state. I tried to look up the citations for the longest time but could never find them. I misplaced the actual tickets and anytime I used the website or called to check on the tickets there was nothing ever found and was once told that the tickets may never have entered the system. I eventually found the original traffic tickets and found why I have been unable to find information about them. My name is spelled wrong, but, not only is it spelled wrong my last name appears in the field of "First Name" and my first name appears in the field of "Last Name". At the time I was driving on a license issued from another state as I had not been in the state long. The reason I mention the issuing state is because the officer also listed the abbreviated state as another that began with the same letter. So, it didn't make any difference how I looked the tickets up I could never find any information about them. Even though I provided the information it seems that it was taken down or input incorrectly. Unfortuately some time has passed and the tickets are now in warrant status, is there any chance of getting these tickets dismissed and the warrants lifted? If so, how would I go about starting the process? I greatly appreciate any assistance I can get. Take care.

FlyingRon

Go to the court involved and go up and say "I would like to resolve my tickets." Have your checkbook with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">