• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transit Adjudication Bereau Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UcanOnlyWantMe

I live in Brooklyn, New York.
My 16 years old son has just told me that he got a ticket from New York Transit Adjudication Bureau for “riding his bicycle up the ramp and on the platform inside N.Y.C. Subway system.” The officer issued a $100 fine for this offence.
1. Is it possible to lower the ticket’s cost? I am legally blind getting Public Assistance and my husband is on SSI.
2. Will this ticket negatively affect my son’s personal records or pose any problem for him in the future?
Thank you very much for answering me.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why would YOU be paying this? Doesn't the 16 year old have money coming in?

You Are Guilty

1. Other than being found "not guilty" or otherwise getting the ticket dismissed, unlikely. You may be able to get a payment plan, but even that is a long shot.

2. Not even remotely. It's akin to a parking ticket. No one will care, and its not something he be required to disclose by law.

Good luck.

1. Is it possible to lower the ticket’s cost? I am legally blind getting Public Assistance and my husband is on SSI.
Your blindness will have no effect on your boy's ticket outcome (why would you think it would?)

You will have to pay the $100....even if your son did not commit (err offense, not crime) the crime. The TVB process is a sham.

How can you read this? Have a program that helps you?

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The Notice of Violation is civil in nature. There is no criminal history associated with it.

Just make sure it gets responded to. The chances of getting the fine reduced are almost zero if there is a guilty plea or verdict after a hearing. There is no plea bargaining in TAB.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">