• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two tickets for Expired Registration and Inspection - Bexar Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

solid444

I am in Bexar county, Texas and I have a situation that i wanted to ask about. Last week, I was pulled over for having an expired registration and inspection. They had been expired for 4 months. There is no excuse to why they were expired except for my ignorance and i am taking full reponsibility for what happened. I was also cited for not having my insurance with me, but i understand that this can be dismissed in court if i show proof that i was insured at the time of the ticket (which i am, i had just cleaned my car out and i forgot to put my proof back in). The cop told me that if i took care of the situation by the court date, the judge will show some liniency toward the registration and inspection violations.

Due to my schedule i was no able to get the registration and inspection renewed this last week, however, i refrained from driving my car. Until yesterday, when i had to run a quick errand and guess what happened, i got pulled over again for the same thing (expired registration and inpection). I told the officer that I had already gotten a ticket and he said that he had no proof that this was the case. I then showed him the ticket i still had in my car and he said "oh well, i already wrote this one so just sign it". So as of now i have a 2 court dates, in two adjacent days.

My questions are:
1) Is it true that I can get the ticket for no proof of insurance dismissed if i show that i had insurance at the time i got the ticket.

2) I know i probably cannot get the tickets dismissed for the registration and the inspection, but can i expect the judge to show liniency? I will get the registration and inspection taken care tomorrow which will be within 9 days of the first ticket and 2 of the second ticket.

3) The second officer's comment made me wonder if there is anything i can do about the second ticket. Understand that I am not trying to plead not guilty since I understand what I did, however, I am trying to pay as little as possible and I was wondering if the penalty for the second infraction can be reduced after taking into account the first one or visa-versa?

Thank you

The Occultist

1) Is it true that I can get the ticket for no proof of insurance dismissed if i show that i had insurance at the time i got the ticket.
If you bring proof of insurance, it's possible you may see a reduction or even possibly an outright dismissal. Not a guarantee since you are required to carry it on you, but still possible.

2) I know i probably cannot get the tickets dismissed for the registration and the inspection, but can i expect the judge to show liniency? I will get the registration and inspection taken care tomorrow which will be within 9 days of the first ticket and 2 of the second ticket.
If you show up to court with proof that you are now in compliance, you may indeed see some form of leniency. Again, not a guarantee, but still possible.

3) The second officer's comment made me wonder if there is anything i can do about the second ticket. Understand that I am not trying to plead not guilty since I understand what I did, however, I am trying to pay as little as possible and I was wondering if the penalty for the second infraction can be reduced after taking into account the first one or visa-versa?
Although it is possible to see some form of leniency for the second violation, I'm gonna say the odds are not too likely since the courts will see it as you not being able to learn your lesson (which, apparently, is true).

Remember that any leniency decisions will come from the courts, not from any legal statutes.

Thank you
Any time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">