• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unattended Vehicle ticket for speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sslee999

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

My wife received her very first speeding ticket while she was driving on highway by herself. She has had no tickets for 18 years. She told me that the patrol officer gave her a “reduced fine” ticket and she believes that she got a parking ticket instead. But when I saw the citation, it shows “Unattended Vehicle” violation VLT 1210 (a). The county is Saratoga Springs, NY. I have very little understanding on how the plea to the violation will result. Please provide an advice.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
No, your wife did NOT receive a speeding ticket. She received a parking ticket.

If your wife elects to fight this she will either be made a fool of in court or the judge will grant an amendment so that the charge will be changed to the one she SHOULD have received.

So based upon that what do YOU think she should do?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

My wife received her very first speeding ticket while she was driving on highway by herself. She has had no tickets for 18 years. She told me that the patrol officer gave her a “reduced fine” ticket and she believes that she got a parking ticket instead. But when I saw the citation, it shows “Unattended Vehicle” violation VLT 1210 (a). The county is Saratoga Springs, NY. I have very little understanding on how the plea to the violation will result. Please provide an advice.
I would just pay the ticket and count myself lucky.

sslee999

No, your wife did NOT receive a speeding ticket. She received a parking ticket.

If your wife elects to fight this she will either be made a fool of in court or the judge will grant an amendment so that the charge will be changed to the one she SHOULD have received.

So based upon that what do YOU think she should do?

So, the "Unattended Vehicle" violation IS a type of parking ticket? Then, I will put my worries to rest. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">