• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninspected vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Xriggsbee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York- if I am driving an uninspected vehicle that is not mine and receive a ticket can I be held liable for it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York- if I am driving an uninspected vehicle that is not mine and receive a ticket can I be held liable for it.
Yes. It's your responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is safe and legal to drive.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You are responsible for everything about that vehicle in New York when driving it except for insurance and the weight/dimensions.

In every other case the driver gets any and all traffic tickets if there is anything wrong with the vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">