• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

University parking restrictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Matchboxx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virginia

I attend school at Wheeling Jesuit University. Even though we already pay $150 for parking on campus, if they ticket us for something and we don't pay it immediately, they boot the car (sometimes known as a "wheel clamp") - is this legal? It's private property and a private school, but I'd think preventing me from leaving grounds with my car is car theft.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I attend school at Wheeling Jesuit University. Even though we already pay $150 for parking on campus, if they ticket us for something and we don't pay it immediately, they boot the car (sometimes known as a "wheel clamp") - is this legal? It's private property and a private school, but I'd think preventing me from leaving grounds with my car is car theft.
Yes, it's legal. Why? Because you agreed to it by attending the school.

HomeGuru

**A: what does it state in the school policy manual re: parking and fines etc.?

davidmcbeth3

I-M-M-E-D-I-A-T-E-L-Y

You should do so then, very quickly.

If you think this is not legal then go to your library and research this .. a good extra credit project for you! Think its theft, huh...interesting.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
is this legal? It's private property and a private school, but I'd think preventing me from leaving grounds with my car is car theft.

Let me guess.

You are not a law student - correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">