• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unlawful possession of marijuana with acod

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DEVA67

I was put under ACOD in NY a few weeks ago for serving past 4am at a bar. Then I got ticketed a few weeks later for unlawful possesion of marijuana and have to attend court for that. What will happen with this now?

You Are Guilty

Depends. If you are found not guilty on the new ticket, nothing. If you are found guilty, if you were charged with 220.05 and not 220.10 or higher, a conviction is, by statute, only a "violation", like a parking ticket. If the terms of your ACD required you to not be convicted of a "crime", then you should be Ok since UPM is not a crime.

If the terms of your ACD were to do anything else (I.e. Do not get a ticket; do not commit a violation; etc.), then you might want to speak to a criminal defense lawyer, as that could very well deactivate the original charge.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">