• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid NY seat belt ticket...maybe they just forgot?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jglide

I'm a resident in PA but while in college in NY received a seat belt ticket (along with other passengers in the car I was driving). I plead guilty and got the fine in the mail before my move back to NY after summer vacation. At the time I didn't have the money to pay it but since I knew I would have it soon I just waited, and then proceeded to forget all about it. It will be a year in may since the ticket was issued (I think the fine was due in August of 06). This seems kinda ridiculous but I almost don't want to do anything and maybe they won't do anything about it (I think it was ~$100) especially since I'm afraid of what the fine could have gone up to by now. I really expect anyone to answer this post telling me to just call the court and get it over with...

RANT: The sheriff (who was in a parking lot gunning for speeders) actually told me he pulled me over (after following me for about half a mile) because someone in my car yelled "I shot the sheriff" out the window at 35mph and that he was tired of these punk college kids thinking they could do whatever they wanted. what an ass...but anyways...i feel better now

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">