• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a valid ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JDKelley

I'm from Arkansas. I recently received a ticket for parking in a non-authorized parking space, i.e. handicapped. The officer did not write any statute number on the ticket, and it's my understanding there is more than one statute regarding this. Is this a valid ticket if it has no statute number? Or does the court get to pick which statute to fit this citation to (most likely the most expensive one, of course)?

BelizeBreeze

JDKelley said:
I'm from Arkansas. I recently received a ticket for parking in a non-authorized parking space, i.e. handicapped. The officer did not write any statute number on the ticket, and it's my understanding there is more than one statute regarding this. Is this a valid ticket if it has no statute number? Or does the court get to pick which statute to fit this citation to (most likely the most expensive one, of course)?
It's valid. And the court will send you to HELL (for Arkansass that's Texas) for parking there.

Signed,
Disabled Vet

Betty

Yep - it's valid even though there is no statute # on the ticket. I wish people who are not handicapped would not park in handicapped parking spaces - you deserve a ticket.

justalayman

Betty said:
Yep - it's valid even though there is no statute # on the ticket. I wish people who are not handicapped would not park in handicapped parking spaces - you deserve a ticket.
I think if people want to fight this type of ticket, the courts should hire Guido to make sure they actually deserved to park in the handicap spots.

That way the ticket could get thrown out****************************.everybody is happy:eek:

justalayman

BelizeBreeze said:
Signed,
Disabled Vet
I wasn't aware.

I never was and never had to do what you did and I get to do what I do because you (and many others) did.

sorry so sappy but recent events have opened my eyes to what you and others endured and continue to endure, many many years after it was supposed to be over.

BelizeBreeze

Don't get yer knickers in a bunch....

I smoked dope, wore levis and threw Big Bad Marines out of a c-130 34 years ago...

Damn boys made a big mess if they forgot to pack a 'chute :D

JDKelley

Betty said:
Not that I owe you an explanation or anything, but the space was not posted with a sign, as were the handicapped spaces next to the one I parked in. The paint on the pavement was so badly faded that it was not visible in the dark (I went back during the daytime to look at the spot where I was parked). Therefore, when I parked there, I did not know it was a handicapped spot. My father has crippling Multiple Sclerosis, so I know a little about the frustration of people parking in a handicapped space who aren't handicapped. Betty, before you start telling me what I deserve, blow it out your hole, lady.

sukharev

In that case, take pictures to the court with you, and hope that your explanation satisfies the judge (or whoever is going to determine your fate)

justalayman

JDKelley said:
Not that I owe you an explanation or anything, but the space was not posted with a sign, as were the handicapped spaces next to the one I parked in. The paint on the pavement was so badly faded that it was not visible in the dark (I went back during the daytime to look at the spot where I was parked). Therefore, when I parked there, I did not know it was a handicapped spot. My father has crippling Multiple Sclerosis, so I know a little about the frustration of people parking in a handicapped space who aren't handicapped. Betty, before you start telling me what I deserve, blow it out your hole, lady.
Before you start yelling at folks you might want to post all the info so people can offer informed advice. You, above all others should understand the ire expressed by some of the members concerning you parking in a handicap spot especially considering your fathers condition.

Now, some states require a sign to be posted at a handicap spot. I do not know the statues for Arkansas concerning this and am not going to bother looking them up either. You had no justification to leave out info and then chastise others for expressing their dislike for your breaking of the law.

JDKelley

The info that was omitted in my orignal post had nothing to do with my question. My question had to do with the omiission of the statute on the citation. There was no justification in betty saying I deserved the ticket. I didn't ask if anyone thought I deserved the ticket, as their personal opinions are irrelevant. Although she answered the post by saying the ticket was still valid, the rest of her reply was totally unecessary. My reasoning for asking my question in the first place was to find out if there was cause to add that to my defense in the ticket. I asked no one for their opinion on their likes or dislinkes of my breaking the law, and find betty's remark unecessary and completely off-topic.

BelizeBreeze

JDKelley said:
pay the ticket and shut up. you have no defense.

AHA

JDKelley said:
The info that was omitted in my orignal post had nothing to do with my question. My question had to do with the omiission of the statute on the citation.
You have posted your story on the internet for the world to read, so how did you not know that you admitting to parking in a handicap spot would cause a reaction in people???? Calm the hell down and realise what the internet is!! Take it or leave it, no one is here to make friends.

Since you apparently DID park in a handicap spot, you DO deserve the ticket even if the paint on the ground was a little faded.
And omitting that VITAL fact in your original post WAS pretty stupid. If you had talked to a lawyer in private, he/she would have needed to know that VITAL fact in order to come up with an accurate possible defense tactic for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">