• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle inspections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kae-Jae

My wife is currently stationed in Roanoke Va. We are both currently residents of the state of Florida as I did not move there. While i was up here visiting her I was pulled over while driving our car that is currently there. The car was bought brand new last year In the state of Va while we were visitng my family. I never removed the state sticker on the windsheild because I never really thought about it. Any way I was ticketed for failure to have the vehicle inspected. I told the officer repeatedly that my wife nor I were residents of the state That my wife was up here on military orders. Then he proceeded to tell me about the property taxes and what not that the state of Va requires. Does anyone know the law in accordance to this. Is it required for my wife to have the vehicle inspected in accordance to Va law even though she is not a resident of the state?

justalayman

Where is the car registered (plated)? That should be the controlling states laws that are required to be followed.

Betty

You indicate you were driving the car that was currently there (Va.) & that you bought this car in Va. As justalayman asked, is this car registered in Va. & have Va. lic. plates?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">