• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Sold/transfered Title/Now a problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PreviousOwner

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I received a certified letter from North Bend Police Department regarding the impounding of a vehicle and the offenses ors 819.110 through 819.220 and marked uninsured and offenses ors 809.720. I contacted the police and they said the matter is not with them but with the towing company... (mast brothers towing)... and a month later I received another letter, this time from mast bros. towing... they state that they will take it to collections. Upon receipt of both letters I called the towing company and told them that I am not the owner of the vehicle, only the last registered owner, and that I have proof from the DMV that the vehicle has been sold (title transfer)... mast bros. wants 1100 dollars and I told them again that I don't own the vehicle... I called the person who I 'gave' it to "sold" for all intents and purposes... he called mast bros. and they said, it doesn't matter if I sold the car to him, that I am responsible... This will probably go to court, I am on disability and cannot afford an attorney... what can I do?????? Please help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">