• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle towed- Ball state University/ Munice indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tacobelldog52

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was visiting my girlfriend at Ball State, and i needed someplace to park. I had called security the week before when i had come up to visit. I wanted to know where i could park on campus, the lady told me that because it was a football weekend i could park in any spot on campus, as long as it was not handicapped. So the same rules applied the next weekend. I pulled into a parking garage noting that the "Rules" sign on the outside of the parking garage said that it was visitor parking, and was restricted during the school week monday through friday like 6am to 7pm. Since it was 12pm on a sunday the restrictions didn't apply. I pulled around and around the parking lot looking for a spot finding only handicapped spots finally near the top I found a spot. I pulled in noticed that it said reserved for housing director 24 hour tow ( Like all the others minus the housing director part) So since it wasn't a week day i thought i was fine, the sign read that the garage was only restricted during the week.

When i went back to get my laptop from my car i noticed my car was gone. I called campus police and said it was stolen but they said no its been towed because i was in a director spot.

Long story short, I owe 80 dollars for my car to get out ( its been paid) and i now have to leave 2 hours late because the impound doesn't open until 8 and my college which i need to get back to * The university of Southern Indiana is 5 hours away.

I would like ball state to refund the money for the tow and change the rules on the garage rules sign

Case/ no case what? why?

Ross
University of Southern Indiana
pre-lawWhat is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was visiting my girlfriend at Ball State, and i needed someplace to park. I had called security the week before when i had come up to visit. I wanted to know where i could park on campus, the lady told me that because it was a football weekend i could park in any spot on campus, as long as it was not handicapped. So the same rules applied the next weekend. I pulled into a parking garage noting that the "Rules" sign on the outside of the parking garage said that it was visitor parking, and was restricted during the school week monday through friday like 6am to 7pm. Since it was 12pm on a sunday the restrictions didn't apply. I pulled around and around the parking lot looking for a spot finding only handicapped spots finally near the top I found a spot. I pulled in noticed that it said reserved for housing director 24 hour tow ( Like all the others minus the housing director part) So since it wasn't a week day i thought i was fine, the sign read that the garage was only restricted during the week.

When i went back to get my laptop from my car i noticed my car was gone. I called campus police and said it was stolen but they said no its been towed because i was in a director spot.

Long story short, I owe 80 dollars for my car to get out ( its been paid) and i now have to leave 2 hours late because the impound doesn't open until 8 and my college which i need to get back to * The university of Southern Indiana is 5 hours away.

I would like ball state to refund the money for the tow and change the rules on the garage rules sign

Case/ no case what? why?

Ross
University of Southern Indiana
pre-lawWhat is the name of your state?
No case - spot was marked, thus over-riding the other signs. (I hope they put out better pre-law students than this...)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">