• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wasn't there wrong vin, make, model no ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tirazline1

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I got a letter in the mail at my parent's house (old address) for a notice of plate suspension due to unpaid parking tickets. There are 4 of them. One in July, one in August, and 2 in October (the 4th and the 6th) of 2005. I never received these tickets on my vehicle and I have no recollection of ever violating any parking "law". The license plate number is correct (obviously) those where their means of getting ahold of me. It stated the violating vehicle was a 91 grand prix gray and states a vin number. Ok first of all I owned a 87 chevy celebrity blue at that time. The vin number of my celebrity is different than what they have stated. My question is am I gonna get stuck with this ticket even though I didn't commit the crime? And first of all If I got tickets I wouldn't have let them go this long to getting a plate suspension. My only proof is my old registration information for my old plate number. I don't even own that car anymore. I don't even have a car right now so I haven't even tried to get my plates renewed. So what do I do to contest this seeing it's been a year ago and is this all the proof I need to get this dismissed ( my old registration to that plate number) These tickets by the way are $300+. And if I am liable for this how is this fair when they made a mistake on the plate number and it so happens to be my plates!!!Oh and is there a site on Indiana laws for dismissal? I live in Fort Wayne(Allen County). Thanx need help fast!!!!!

JETX

And what was their response when you sent them your registration information in WRITING with an explanation that they obviously have the wrong plate information??

patstew

tirazline1 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana
I got a letter in the mail at my parent's house (old address) for a notice of plate suspension due to unpaid parking tickets. There are 4 of them. One in July, one in August, and 2 in October (the 4th and the 6th) of 2005. I never received these tickets on my vehicle and I have no recollection of ever violating any parking "law". The license plate number is correct (obviously) those where their means of getting ahold of me. It stated the violating vehicle was a 91 grand prix gray and states a vin number. Ok first of all I owned a 87 chevy celebrity blue at that time. The vin number of my celebrity is different than what they have stated. My question is am I gonna get stuck with this ticket even though I didn't commit the crime? And first of all If I got tickets I wouldn't have let them go this long to getting a plate suspension. My only proof is my old registration information for my old plate number. I don't even own that car anymore. I don't even have a car right now so I haven't even tried to get my plates renewed. So what do I do to contest this seeing it's been a year ago and is this all the proof I need to get this dismissed ( my old registration to that plate number) These tickets by the way are $300+. And if I am liable for this how is this fair when they made a mistake on the plate number and it so happens to be my plates!!!Oh and is there a site on Indiana laws for dismissal? I live in Fort Wayne(Allen County). Thanx need help fast!!!!!
Why do you put "law" in quotes? Smacks of disregard to me, as does, frankly, the rest of your post.

The ordinances of my city say that a ticket is an invoice and that nothing else is required.
Periodically we do sorts on X number of outstanding tickets and send out letters; sounds like this might be your case.

As for the plate mixup, the DMV records should clear that up pretty easily. A registration showing a different vehicle description probably won't be enough, though, as (at least in my state) the same plate can be on different vehicles at different times. As another poster said, appeal the ticket in writing or just call, for that matter -- if it's truly a mistake, and not an attempt at weaseling out of legitimate violations, it's a minor fix.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">