• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the legal definition of "Parking"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moburkes

First: IRREGARDLESS is NOT a word. Stop pretending that it is.
Second: His Bible verse is on the bottom of each post that he writes. He didn't write it to prove a point to the poster. I have no idea why you ASSumed that. Hear me? ASSumed.

This is a legitimate legal advice site. Maybe you should read the terms & conditions before you reply again. Or, maybe you should just stop replying.

Shmi

Does that include using a non-word like "Irregardless"?

:rolleyes:
I would laugh if it weren't such a horrifying thought that you are serious! PLEASE get a REAL dictionary, and not a "modern" limited one!

You have proven to me, once again, how correct I am! I urge you to educate yourself, before commenting to people. You only show your lack of good education, further.

moburkes

Irregardless is a term that has caused controversy since it first appeared in the early twentieth century. It is generally listed in dictionaries as "nonstandard".

I copied that from wiki. Didn't want anyone to think I actually wrote that sentence on my own.

moburkes

I think its a woman, but she needs to spend her time ANYPLACE but here. She's rude and annoying. And, her spelling sucks.

Shmi

PS: There is, as far as I'm aware, exactly one NY lawyer who posts here, and, coincidentally enough, answers a lot of traffic law issues. Irregardlessly, since that happens to be me, my guess is your chances of getting a correct answer have gone down dramatically.
Astounding! Thank you so much for the warning! *If* you are, or were, an attorney, I would certainly want to know this. How is you have time to post so much on these forums? I rarely do, as I am far too busy handling our non-profit organization that assists numerous people with compassion and kindness. Yes, I do come forward and speak openly when people are rude and reply so ignorantly. For that, I make no apologies. I've seen far too many people hurt on boards such as these, where administrators allow such ignorant comments, unprofessional, unintelligible, and immature as I've seen here.

Again, no one with a career, education, and life, would waste time to post insults to others. I will take the time if someone were attacked, to assist that person. Nevertheless, all who have said I've taking one minute (literally) out to reply to a post to do so, are the same ones who are attacking and insulting other people.

You claim to be an attorney, and your name is "You are guilty?" I'm sure the ethics committee, and the bar association, would be very interested in knowing of you!

Also, regardless of the "terms and conditions," a good lawyer can bring a solid case against you for certain adverse and erroneous advice you give on these forums.

I would not accept legal advice from you! Most attorneys I know, who are traffic court attorneys, are at the courts right now. The others are in their offices meeting with clients - if they are not on vacation. They rarely post on boards and forums.

Yes, I've taken time out today to do this, as I am assisting someone with a case. I've received all the information I need - not from here. As you can see, I have located the statues well.

If you were a NY traffic attorney, they would be at your fingertips - which they clearly are not.

You are guilty? I'm absolutely astounded you claim to be an attorney! I feel very badly, truly, for your "clients" if you are. I've worked and dealt with many attorneys (non-traffic related) for clients. You certainly do not present yourself as one. I'd suggest you educate yourself further on law, and professionalism - as well as appropriate and inappropriate conduct of a counselor at law.

As I am finished with this aspect of my research, and have assisted my client, I am moving on. For future comments, I defer to my former posts here. It saddens me to see the few here that I have, who have so little in their lives but to post as they have.

For the board administrators: My organization's formum administrators prefer people pull up former topics. This was found at the top of a search engine list. I suggest you lock topics, if they are of an age you do not wish to have them replied to. They come back on the top of various search engines quite readily.

moburkes

I suppose that she doesn't know attorneys who don't practice, or who retire, or who spend time helping others. She has cast SO many stones in the few posts she has made, its ridiculous. She's also made a LOT of assumptions.

Its funny how she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO busy helping people, that she found time to log on, register, and post.

Oh, and, for the record, I have a career, education, and a life. Or so my family thinks. Maybe I'm lying to them? Or, maybe it makes her feel good to tell others that they don't have one? I wonder what her definition of "life" is?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

I see you sign it as being a "cop." I come from a family with many officers, including an immediate family member. Your the type that give them a bad name! As well as Christians!

Let's see...a choice of hanging around with you or Carl.

Let me think about that for awhile....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Section 1200 of the "New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law" states:

"S 1200. Basic rules. (a) When stopping is prohibited by this article,
or by local law, ordinance, order, rule or regulation, no person shall
stop, stand or park a vehicle, whether occupied or not, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or traffic-control sign or signal.
(b) When standing is prohibted by this article, or by local law, ordi-
nance, order, rule or regulation, no person shall stand or park a vehi-
cle, whether occupied or not, but may stop temporarily for the purpose of and while actually engaged in receiving or discharging passengers.
(c) When parking is prohibited by this article, or by local law, ordi-
nance, order, rule or regulation, no person shall park a vehicle, whether occupied or not, but may stop or stand temporarily for the purpose of and while actually engaged in loading or unloading merchandise or passengers."

However, there are no definitions cited to differentiate for parking, standing, or stopping. Yet, they are listed as three (3) distinct individual acts.

I cannot obtain a complete copy of the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Laws online. Is there a legal definition for parking?

Thank you.
DD
Did nobody notice, but Shmi answered the question before he asked it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">