• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What makes a NYC parking ticket "defective"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

poor_in_nyc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Address does not exist & signature is unreadable--does that work?

The Occultist

There are literally hundreds of threads on this site asking the same exact question in the same exact state. Minimal effort on your part in using the search bar at the top of the page should yield the results you seek.

Inwoodtim

Help not hinder

Well I took your advice.

I searched some of the hundreds of different threads here trying to find an easy to understand, clearly written list of reasons to dismiss New York City parking tickets.

I have now wasted about an hour.

Not all posts specify city of origin, nor do they mention whether they enumerate lists of reasons tickets are defective within their threads.

If you are so good at finding these things and positively know where they are, perhaps you would be so kind as to copy and paste that part of the thread that best lists the specifics of what makes a ticket defective thus making it so much easier for all following to read this thread and find it.

Simply stating that the answer is not in this thread but lies elsewhere is for one; stating the redundant for clearly if the thread contains the question, a quick reply, and not a nice list of what makes a ticket deffective (the answer), and two; sort of pithy. "I know the answer or at least where it is but I'm not telling you".

Many posts do mention New York State but as the question states (perhaps read it before responding) he needs New York City (NYC) the laws are different depending on where in the State you are.

If you do not want a repetitive thread and are positive this question has been answered to our satisfaction previously then please refer us to the previously existing thread, not to all of them.

Thank you.

Anyone have the answer to this?

Please post the list of automatic dismissals here, or let us know which link contains them.

Have a nice day.

Tim

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well I took your advice.

I searched some of the hundreds of different threads here trying to find an easy to understand, clearly written list of reasons to dismiss New York City parking tickets.

I have now wasted about an hour.
Interestingly enough, upon searching this forum, I found the information in about 45 seconds...

Perhaps the problem is that your definition of "easy to understand" may be different from mine ;)

Zigner

Always the best guess in the end isn't it?

Here is the link you need.

Copy the info here because it keeps getting harder to find.

Good luck.

Tim

http://www.nysscpa.org/prof_library/city2000/deptfinancepubs/pvo_itslaw_00.pdf
That's the same place that was referred to in https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=323660 in June of '06. So, you didn't look all that hard, did you? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Inwoodtim

Disgusting

It's just disgusting that those senior members who have the answers to questions find it more fun to chastise those seeking advice rather than providing people with assistance.

You wanted me to search through three years of posts? That link I gave that you said was old is only part of what we are looking for and yes I eventually found it in old threads too and tried the best I could to answer the original posters question with it (try it sometime helping by posting something like a link instead of chastising someone for not knowing where it is; actually tell them where it is!)

If you have the answer why not just post it?

Or at least post a link to the thread(s) that is helpful.

Besides what we are looking for is a CLEARLY ENUMERATED LIST of ALL reasons for dismissal of NEW YORK CITY (not state) PARKING VIOLATONS as prescribed by law.

We are NOT looking for...

What some people think is or is not an automatic dismissal (like color of vehicle being wrong)

Just a quick pamphlet prepared by or for the New York City Dept of Finance that contains a FEW reasons for dismissal.

A response saying that every reason possible for a defective ticket to be thrown out is enumerated somewhere in bits and pieces in all of the threads and all we have to do is read everything ever written.

More pithy retorts from unhelpful people.

NOW...

If a clearly written, accurate, easily understandable list of ALL reasons a New York City (not anywhere in New York State but just in New York City) Parking Violations ticket MUST be dismissed as prescribed by law is available, please list it here or a link to where it is listed.

The list of things, NOT a discussion of parts of them, or a pamphlet mentioning a few of them, or a chat about what people think they might be, the actual list itself.

Thank you in advance to whomever does this for being so helpful to so many of us who clearly for so long have been searching for this thing over and over for years and yet never seem to get an answer or if we do it's an answer based on partial information, conjecture, in pieces or it's just as part of a discussion.

IF THIS LIST EXISTS SOMEWHERE AND YOU KNOW WHERE PLEASE IN THE MIDST OF WHATEVER MAD TIRADE YOU MAY FEEL COMPELLED TO POST PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO IT.

Thanks and have a good day.

Tim

Last edited:

Zigner

But you already said that you called a lawyer and go the information you needed. Here, I'll post your exact words:

"
Called a lawyer

Good luck.

Tim

http://www.nysscpa.org/prof_library/city2000/deptfinancepubs/pvo_itslaw_00.pdf"

So, if the LAWYER gave you the same advice as us, and you already said it's what you needed, what's the problem?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's just disgusting that those senior members who have the answers to questions find it more fun to chastise those seeking advice rather than providing people with assistance.

You wanted me to search through three years of posts? That link I gave that you said was old is only part of what we are looking for and yes I found it in old threads and tried the best I could to answer the original posters question with it (try it sometime helping by posting something like a link instead of chastising someone for not knowing where it is; actually tell them where it is!)

If you have the answer why not just post it?

Or at least post a link to the thread(s) that is helpful.

Besides what we are looking for is a CLEARLY ENUMERATED LIST of ALL reasons for dismissal of NEW YORK CITY (not state) PARKING VIOLATONS as prescribed by law.

We are NOT looking for...

What some people think is or is not an automatic dismissal (like color of vehicle being wrong)

Just a quick pamphlet prepared by or for the New York City Dept of Finance that contains a FEW reasons for dismissal.

A response saying that every reason possible for a defective ticket to be thrown out is enumerated somewhere in bits and pieces in all of the threads and all we have to do is read everything ever written.

More pithy retorts from unhelpful people.

NOW...

If a clearly written, accurate, easily understandable list of ALL reasons a New York City (not anywhere in New York State but just in New York City) Parking Violations ticket MUST be dismissed as prescribed by law is available, please list it here or a link to where it is listed.

The list of things, not a discussion of parts of them, or a pamphlet mentioning a few of them, or a chat about what people think they might be, the actual list itself.

Thank you in advance to whomever does this for being so helpful to so many of us who clearly for so long have been searching for this thing over and over for years and yet never seem to get an answer or if we do it's an answer based on partial information, conjecture, in pieces or it's just as part of a discussion.

IF THIS LIST EXISTS SOMEWHERE AND YOU KNOW WHERE PLEASE IN THE MIDST OF WHATEVER MAD TIRADE YOU MAY FEEL COMPELLED TO POST PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO IT.

Tim

Silverplum

You're pretty tightly wound, aren'tcha?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're in a snit because you don't want to search through past posts. But you want an advisor to do just that. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Inwoodtim

Interestingly enough, upon searching this forum, I found the information in about 45 seconds...

Perhaps the problem is that your definition of "easy to understand" may be different from mine ;)
Then would you mind answering the question finally?

Or are you having too much fun letting everyone know you can find the answer in 45 seconds but we can't.

Read my previous post.

Are you sure you have the answer, because it hasn't been put in this thread yet not even in link form.

Perhaps you might be so good as proving you have the answer by posting the answer or perhaps a link to it.

Our definition of "Easy to understand" is different.

I think that when you post an answer to a question or a link to a correct answer to a question that it is "easy to understand" the answer.

I think when you attack people that ask a question, don't answer the question, state it has been answered without showing where, and basically abuse these posts that the answer to the original question would NOT be "easy to understand" as you so proudly proclaim it is.

Yes we get you are so great and that you have the answer, wonderful. Now will you please give us the answer since we are asking for it.

He asked for the answer to a question, not a list of those people who know the answer but won't share it.

You Are Guilty

Being that I already answered the original question, and feel no need to do any further free legal work for (anyone) who is unwilling to take even the smallest steps to help themselves, I think it's high time this thread got locked.

Inwoodtim

Stop blabbering and actually read the post(s)

But you already said that you called a lawyer and go the information you needed. Here, I'll post your exact words:

"
Called a lawyer

Good luck.

Tim

http://www.nysscpa.org/prof_library/city2000/deptfinancepubs/pvo_itslaw_00.pdf"

So, if the LAWYER gave you the same advice as us, and you already said it's what you needed, what's the problem?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
You are clearly daft.

Yes I called a friend who is a lawyer.

Yes he mentioned the Dept. Of finance pamphlet.

Yes I posted it to the original poster stating this is what you need. (it looked like a good start and I hope it is. If you knew of it why didn't you post a link?)

Yes it is better so far then anything you have all posted.

Yes I found it later in a thread.

NO it doesn't answer the question.

Yes you quote me right after explaining why it doesn't answer the question fully in the same post you attack me as saying that the question has been fully answered.

If I was to defer to your Humph better judgement and assume that his question is answered correctly is it your contention then that the senior people on the site want me to start a whole new thread asking for the FULL LIST? I thought your whole point is that you are limiting all the threads now you want me to start a new one?

STOP BLABBERING AND ACTUALLY READ THE POST.

I will now include the tail end of my last post that again begs an answer to the question that you all refuse to answer please this time actually try and read it don't just respond to it.

Thank you.

here it is...

"NOW...

The list of things, NOT a discussion of parts of them, or a pamphlet mentioning a few of them, or a chat about what people think they might be, the actual list itself.

Tim"

Inwoodtim

Being that I already answered the original question, and feel no need to do any further free legal work for (anyone) who is unwilling to take even the smallest steps to help themselves, I think it's high time this thread got locked.
You never answered the question on this thread.

If you feel you have please post a link to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">