• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What mistakes dismiss a parking ticket. (The final post)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seantana

What is the name of your state? WA

After looking through numerous posts about car colors and street blocks, ect. I decided to ask my question in 2 parts. 1st for my personal knowledge and 2nd, so nobody has to post anymore.

1. Everything on my ticket is correct, except the STATE. The parking officer filled in "Laurel", which is just a sticker on the back of my car... Is that a big enough mistake to try to get the ticket dismissed?

2. What incorrect information WILL dismiss a parking ticket, and what incorrect information WILL NOT dismiss a parking ticket?

~Thanks for the answers, hopefully this will be the last people will have to search for.

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state? WA

After looking through numerous posts about car colors and street blocks, ect. I decided to ask my question in 2 parts. 1st for my personal knowledge and 2nd, so nobody has to post anymore.

1. Everything on my ticket is correct, except the STATE. The parking officer filled in "Laurel", which is just a sticker on the back of my car... Is that a big enough mistake to try to get the ticket dismissed?NO.

2. What incorrect information WILL dismiss a parking ticket, and what incorrect information WILL NOT dismiss a parking ticket?It depends.

~Thanks for the answers, hopefully this will be the last people will have to search for.

Thankyou for making us the last people.

ceara19

2. What incorrect information WILL dismiss a parking ticket, and what incorrect information WILL NOT dismiss a parking ticket?
Writing down the wrong infraction (ie: stating that the ticket is for parking in the fire lane when, in reality, your meter was expired) is the only thing that I know of that would void the ticket. However, if the person that wrote the ticket isn't willing to admit to the mistake, you would have to prove that you really weren't parked in the fire lane to begin with.

NYGirl2007

I am in NY and my parking ticket was missing state of registration. A clerk( not even a judge) dismissed it without me saying a word. This happened in Manhattan, NY

rbardawil

Wrong DATE

District of Columbia

I received two tickets 1 min appart one for parking on a sidewalk for $25 and one for parking in a no parking zone $100.

The tickets were issued by a police officer not a parking enforcement officer.

They both have the month incorrect. They say Friday 9th of Jan 07, but I received them in February, plus there is not Friday the 9th in January.

Can I get the tickets dismissed? If so what would I state as the reason for dismissal to the Adjudication Services.

Thanks

Roberta

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
District of Columbia

I received two tickets 1 min appart one for parking on a sidewalk for $25 and one for parking in a no parking zone $100.

The tickets were issued by a police officer not a parking enforcement officer.

They both have the month incorrect. They say Friday 9th of Jan 07, but I received them in February, plus there is not Friday the 9th in January.

Can I get the tickets dismissed? If so what would I state as the reason for dismissal to the Adjudication Services.

Thanks

Roberta
You need to start your own thread - don't "hijack" this one...

Gella

Wrong year on the parking ticket

I got a parking ticket with an issue date of 7/19/07 instead of 7/19/08. Would that dismiss a parking ticket?

PJ Weber

This post is over five months old

If you have a question make a separate thread, instead of digging up an old one

Double hijack . . . wow:eek:

The Occultist

My favorite part is how Gella hijacked a thread where the last post prior to hers was advising somebody else not to hijack the thread :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">