• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What rules are applicable? . . . "OV" Case Dupage Co. Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Indigent Pro Se

I have an Ordinance Violation case in Dupage County. The case had pending motions when it became clear that a substitution of judges was necessary.

A successful motion for substitution of judges was sent to the Reviewing Judge and denied.

A motion for Reconsideration was timely filed within 30 days of the order. It was not noticed at that time but rather noticed within 60 days.

The original Traffic Court Judge took jurisdiction of the case apparently ignoring the motion staying the Reviewing Judge's Order. It has since ignored Defendant's prior filed motions, Pleadings and found Defendant guilty and held proove up assigning fines to Defendant.

Defendant has refused to participate in the Traffic Court claiming that the Traffic Court Judge does not have jurisdiction due to the timely filed and timely notice motion.

Dupage County Circuit Court Local Rules state in Civil Rules 6.04 (f) “Failure to Call Motion for Hearing: Any party may call a motion for hearing, but the burden for calling a motion for hearing shall be on the movant. Any motion not called for hearing within sixty (60) days of filing may be stricken upon motion, or by the Court without any notice to any party.”

Now granted this being an Ordinance Violation and being heard in the Traffic Division makes it minimally a Quasi-Criminal case. The reason I make this distinction of Quasi is because of the following observation:

The Criminal Rules of the Dupage County Circuit Court Local Rules state the time limits for filing motions and noticing and hearing them but OMIT "OV cases. . .

"30.10 PLACING OF CF, CM, DV, OR TR FILINGS ON THE COURT’S CALL

At the time of filing any motion, pleading or other document in any CF, CM, DV or TR file, the person filing the motion must place the case on the court’s call for a date within 30 days of the date of filing. In the case of motions, pleadings or other documents that are received by the Circuit Clerk by mail and which are filed, the Circuit Clerk shall place the matter on the court’s call within 30 days of the date of filing."

It is believed that the Traffic Court may be including "OV" cases and should not be.

My question is basically if the "OV" Case is not included specifically in the above noted rule I understand that it would fall under the Dupage County Circuit Court Local Rules Civil Rules 6.04 (f) of which I have followed, am I correct? If not what rules would it fall under?

I find no rules anywhere else that would apply to the "OV" case in the Dupage County Circuit Court Local Rules or the Illinois Code of Civil and Criminal Proceedure.

I have written the Chief of the Circuit Court Clerk of Dupage County and he / they will not commit themselves.

There is innuendo that I am asking for legal advice from lower clerks but the Chief Clerkhas not specifically stated so.

I have also addressed anomalies of ethics conduct of one of its supervisiors and they have refused any comments or appologies on that as well and suggested that I take any questions of unlawfulness to the States Attorney.

In effect I am being snubbed. I believe if I should ask the Circuit Clerk to declare what rules they are acting by or under they should declare them.

They refuse to give any policy other than that I have to file a motion to transfer in the Traffic Court and if the Traffic Court has no jurisdiction then I would be participating in that jurisdiction giving it jurisdiction. I have asked them to execute an internal administrative correction and put the case back on the Reviewing Court Judge's calendar and they will not!

I am anticipating addressing the Chief Judge to address this issue.

What do you say and suggest?

Thank You!

Indigent Pro SeWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Indigent Pro Se

George1776 said:

"Whats the charge. You currently have a guilty verdict, correct?

Any motion to reconsider must go before the same judge that found you guilty.

_A successful motion for substitution of judges was sent to the Reviewing Judge and denied._ ???????

It appears as if you have lost your case. From what I read" . . .

George1776,

Granted, the hour at which you posted was the wee hours of the morning, I will give you that but you really need to re-read my post!

The motion / petition for substitution of judge was allowed by the Traffic Judge to proceed to the Reviewing Judge thus it was successful. The Reviewing Judge as I said denied it upon his review. This is the protocol in Illinois and Dupage County.

Indigent Pro Se

Last edited by a moderator:

Indigent Pro Se

Folks,

As I see it I under score my comments prior to CreativeBlock. No Rudeness intended.

I really don't know who you are that are suggesting policy.

Perhaps you can identify your authority credentials otherwise I don't know if you are just a bunch of the membership set upon me by my antagonists seeking to technocratically harass the thrust and effectiveness of my posted threads.

I think common sense dictates that if there are different forum subject heads it would be logically wise to post under those that have some relevance to my issues!

You will note that I have not posted under the majority of subjects that are NON-Relevant!!!

Indigent Pro Se

Isis1

Folks,

As I see it I under score my comments prior to CreativeBlock. No Rudeness intended.

I really don't know who you are that are suggesting policy.

Perhaps you can identify your authority credentials otherwise I don't know if you are just a bunch of the membership set upon me by my antagonists seeking to technocratically harass the thrust and effectiveness of my posted threads.

I think common sense dictates that if there are different forum subject heads it would be logically wise to post under those that have some relevance to my issues!

You will note that I have not posted under the majority of subjects that are NON-Relevant!!!

Indigent Pro Se
look! you want help, take it. stop complaining on how you are being helped. with everything on ONE thread, we can evaluate ALL the information you are requesting instead of jumping through all of your threads admist other threads. requiring us to do YOUR homework, makes us less inclined to help, and quite possibly give incorrect information to you. which would still be a disservice.

Indigent Pro Se

look! you want help, take it. stop complaining on how you are being helped. with everything on ONE thread, we can evaluate ALL the information you are requesting instead of jumping through all of your threads admist other threads. requiring us to do YOUR homework, makes us less inclined to help, and quite possibly give incorrect information to you. which would still be a disservice.
No one is complaining oh Great Isis1! My Homework??? Nah!

I have absolutely no knowledge how your reviewer system is set up except by what you have related suggesting that there are only a few of you who cover the entire turf.

I thought and think I have made it easier for those reviewing my case scenario in the specific contexts I posted.

It's your forum! I just tried to make this an efficient presentation as I would logically see it!

It appears from my first visit interface perspective with this Forum that you are just making a mountain out of a mole hill! It is really not that hard or complicated!

I am not trolling as someone has interpolated. I have admitted nothing in that context! I am just taking advantage of the most options available for the most effective saturation of the knowledge base that is out here on the web so that I can aggregate a composite of opinions that will give me the direction that I need in this tough scenario!

Now! How about getting down to the "meat and potatoes" where the "rubber meets the road" for which this Forum is established!

Indigent Pro Se

Last edited:
It appears from my first visit interface perspective with this Forum that you are just making a mountain out of a mole hill! It is really not that hard or complicated!
Right backatcha. You seem to be utterly unable to conform to societal rules.

Since YOU are the one seeking assistance, one would think you'd be intelligent enough to conform YOUR behavior to fit the mores of the forum.

After being advised to do so many times and still being unable to do so, I'd aver that you might have a disorder or two knocking about in your attic.

Just sayin'. Even children can modify their behavior to fit a group's mores. Why can't you?!

I am not trolling as someone has interpolated. I have admitted nothing in that context! I am just taking advantage of the most options available for the most effective saturation of the knowledge base that is out here on the web so that I can aggregate a composite of opinions that will give me the direction that I need in this tough scenario!
Your attitude and behavior says otherwise.

Now! How about getting down to the "meat and potatoes" where the "rubber meets the road" for which this Forum is established!
As long as you refuse to behave by this forum's etiquette, I doubt your rubber will be making much contact with the proverbial pavement.

Indigent Pro Se

Come on "Guys"!

Who do you think you are trying to pull the wool over on? Etiquette? This site's respondents are some of the most unprofessional, inhospitable, rude "professionals" I have bumped into for quite sometime!!!

Societal norms etc et alli? You "Guys" take the "cake" as in the "BIG BLACK POTS CALLING THE little white kettle BLACK!

I would say that you don't really know what you are talking about because you don't know and have dodged getting to the foundational truths because you don't have an educated intelligent answer! Not saying that you don't have the capacity but simply put I think your lazy! Selah!!!

Sorry that you had to end it this way. I will pass the word on how I was treated here!

What rules are applicable? . . . "OV" Case Dupage Co. Illinois . . . Certainly NOT yours!

Talk about wasting time! What a waste of time this Forum has been for me!

FINIS !!!

Indigent Pro Se

Come on "Guys"! ...
Spoken like someone who has the utter inability to adapt to the rules of others.

Self-centered much?! :rolleyes:

Just curious ~ do you go into someone else's home and rifle through their medicine cabinet? Make yourself nice and comfy on their bed (without permission)?

If not, it's because you understand and obey the rules of that home and show the host respect.

If you do have that sort of disrespectful behavior ... well, from your behavior here, I wouldn't be surprised.

And FTR, a lack of social skills on YOUR part does not equal a lack of intelligence on OUR part. Savvy?

N

N Nartin

Perhaps you can post the ordinance that is the subject of your litigation...

Really there are only 3 rules that would apply:

Criminal
Civil
Administrative

If its a fine only penalty then criminal may be excluded?

OV may mean "other venue"? Not much help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">