• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Without Insurance! Kentucky!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crowjane

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Hi! I got caught driving without insurance a day before my insurance became active. I ordered insurance two days before. I was under the impression that it was already active, but it was still my fault for not making sure. My problem is I am here on a L1 visa and would like to apply for my greencard this year. i will need to get an police clearance certificate for this and i think in Kentucky it is a criminal offence to drive without insurance. As a first time offendor will this be on my record? I dont mind paying the fine, i am guilty but i would not like it to influence my entire future of staying in the country. Could someone please give me some advise? My court case is the end of this month.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Jane

seniorjudge

crowjane said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Hi! I got caught driving without insurance a day before my insurance became active. I ordered insurance two days before. I was under the impression that it was already active, but it was still my fault for not making sure. My problem is I am here on a L1 visa and would like to apply for my greencard this year. i will need to get an police clearance certificate for this and i think in Kentucky it is a criminal offence to drive without insurance. As a first time offendor will this be on my record? I dont mind paying the fine, i am guilty but i would not like it to influence my entire future of staying in the country. Could someone please give me some advise? My court case is the end of this month.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Jane
Q: As a first time offendor will this be on my record?

A: Yes.

crowjane

seniorjudge said:
Q: As a first time offendor will this be on my record?

A: Yes.
But would this mean that I would not get a greencard when i apply for one as this is a criminal offence on my record.

Jane

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">