• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Date on Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firebuck

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My wife was driving in Philadelphia on a very Narrow street, when a cop pulled up behind us blaring sirens and horns... my wife got over as soon as physically possible, yet the cop stopped behind her and issued a ticket for failure to yield to a police officer. (Must not have been THAT much of an emergency). He also issued her a ticket for me for not wearing a seatbelt. For some reason, on both tickets, he wrote the date filed as 7-29-76 ... my question would be is there any way I can get out of these tickets based on the fact that he wrote the wrong date?

Thanks, Phill

JETX

firebuck said:
my question would be is there any way I can get out of these tickets based on the fact that he wrote the wrong date?
Yep. Go to court and present your 'evidence' of the wrong date. The court will then correct the date... and you can then present your 'defense' to the citations.

firebuck

JETX said:
The court will then correct the date... and you can then present your 'defense' to the citations.
Well I guess if the court is just going to correct the date anyway, then I shouldn't really waste my time?

JETX

firebuck said:
Well I guess if the court is just going to correct the date anyway, then I shouldn't really waste my time?
What IS your defense to the citation??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">