• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong license plate number on parking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1075thebox@comc

While on business in the City of Bridgeport, I received a parking ticket. I live in the State of Connecticut. My question is when I received the ticket, the first three numbers and letters of the license plate are backwards on the ticket. My vin number is not listed, but the make and model of the car are. Can I get away with not paying the ticket and if so will the unpaid ticket go to the DMV. Will someone ever catch on to the error.
Thanks.

You cant get away without responding to the ticket.

You can respond that the ticket is defective for whatever reason you have and they should dismiss the violation since there is no valid testimony/evidence against you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Prince -

He wasn't issued a ticket - some other car was. You should mail the ticket back to the issuing agency, maybe include a post-it saying you found this ticket but you don't recognized the vehicle it belongs to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">