• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong statue used in citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WilPA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I got a citation for parking along a "No Parking" portion of a resident street parking zone in Pittsburgh. I was helping a friend to transport heavy furniture and have the official permit to park along that street. Unfortuntely I found no available space near his house so I have to park in the "No parking" portion for 15 mins.

The statue quoted on the citation is "PAMVC" . I cannot find any references for this abbreviation. I figure it is referring to Title 75 based on the sections listed in the citation. In this Title 75, this statue is officially given another name as "Vehicle Code" not "PAVC" or "PAMVC".

I wonder if this can be the good ground for dismissing the ticket?

Any advices will be great. Thanks!

Wil

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I got a citation for parking along a "No Parking" portion of a resident street parking zone in Pittsburgh. I was helping a friend to transport heavy furniture and have the official permit to park along that street. Unfortuntely I found no available space near his house so I have to park in the "No parking" portion for 15 mins.

The statue quoted on the citation is "PAMVC" . I cannot find any references for this abbreviation. I figure it is referring to Title 75 based on the sections listed in the citation. In this Title 75, this statue is officially given another name as "Vehicle Code" not "PAVC" or "PAMVC".

I wonder if this can be the good ground for dismissing the ticket?

Any advices will be great. Thanks!

Wil
When I type "PAMVC" in to Google, the very first hit is this: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/75/75.HTM

You're not going to get out of this based on the shorthand notation of PAMVC.

ETA: It's actually "PA MVC" - meaning "Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Code"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">