• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WV Parking Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shadow10710

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV

I received a mandatory court date for a parking ticket.
Which I should not have received as I was not "parking" I was dropping off pedestrians. I'll pulled in front of a bagged meter and dropped them off (which took about 2 whole minutes) and right before I pulled away I was handed a ticket. How is this possible? I wasn't even parking.... and even at that I should've just received a normal ticket.

City code states that:
363.01 DEFINITIONS.
For the purposes of this article, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
(c) "Park" or "parking" means the standing of a vehicle, whether occupied or not, upon a street otherwise than temporarily for the purpose of, and while actually engaged in, receiving or discharging passengers, or while stopped temporarily in obedience to traffic regulations, the directions of traffic officers or other persons authorized to direct the flow of traffic, or in obedience to traffic signs or signals, or an involuntary stop of a vehicle by reason beyond the control of the operator of the vehicle.

xylene

I suggest to inquire with the relevant authorities if it is possible to pay the ticket without the need of appearing to resolve the matter without wasting your time.

OHRoadwarrior

If it took two minutes for a couple people to get out of your car, you were standing. In 2 minutes, I could be in the next city from my car idling in my drive.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Two whole minutes to drop off two people? That's ridiculous. It should take no more than twenty seconds.

It certainly sounds to me as if the parking ticket was deserved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">