• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1/4 owner of estate now...what are my options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gus_cjm

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Lousiana

My Grandmother has recently passed away. The will stated the estate go to the 4 children. My mother (1 of the 4 children) died several years ago, so the family has told me that I am 1/4 owner of the house and property. But, they told me that under Lousiana Law, only the property is given to next of kin, not the money. The 3 of them did receive an unknown amount of money from a life insurance and money market account. Am I entitled to any of this?

My uncle is demanding that I pay 1/4 of the bill for recent repairs to the house. I was not made aware of these expenses until now. I live 18 hours away and never use the home. He uses it every weekend. Do I have to pay this bill.

Also, can I force/ask the remaining 3 people to buy me out of the estate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">