• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 executors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lamp

What is the name of your state? VA

My Uncle and I are both executors of an estate. The estate didn't need to go through probate, but we were told that the proceedings would still be watched through the courts and that we needed to file all paperwork with them. The final inventory has been filed and all the paperwork is complete and has been filed. My Uncle informs me there is nothing left for me to do and I no longer am needed for anything. He says he will be finishing it. I recall being told by the courts that we both would need to come to court to finish everything.

Is there really nothing left to do? Being as the estate never passed through probate, I can't find anything that states what is left to be done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank youWhat is the name of your state?

pojo2

I recall being told by the courts that we both would need to come to court to finish everything.

Assuming there is no Atty handling this or he/she would be handling the court appearance however if you think someone is pulling the wool over your eyes show up at the court house. Who can stop you?

Dandy Don

You are being deceived big time, probably because your uncle is trying to steal or may not want you to know about the true value of the estate. You and he are NOT executors until you receive official documents called letters testamentary from the court.

You need to go down to the county courthouse probate court to see if ANY type of filing by anyone has been done on this, and then you need to hire a local probate attorney for consultation about how to proceed.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Lamp

Thank you both for the replies.

We have been to the courthouse and received our letters. This has been going on for about 3 years now. We have done everything that needed to be done such as selling the house, personal property, filing all the paperwork and so forth. It's been an extremely time consuming process.

The last I heard was after we filed the final inventory and all the final paperwork was filed, that we were supposed to have a date with the courts to finish this off. This is where I'm confused as to what he is saying. Why would I not have to be there for that, especially when I had to be there for everything else? And yes, I do believe the wool is being pulled over my eyes.

Thank you so much for helping!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">