• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

75 Yr. Old Mom Is Being Kicked Out!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Paula-N-Mom

:mad: What is the name of your state? Indiana
My stepdad died last July. He had a son who never contacted him. My 75 yr. old mom was married to my stepdad for 42.5 yrs. There was no will because they always thought that when one of them passed away that the other would automatically inheiret whatever they shared. When my mom tried to have the property transferred to her name we find out that the long lost son has a right to 75% of everything she has. Isn't there a law to protect her? She is afraid that the so called son will have her thrown out in the street. Knowing him he would! Someone please help!!! She hasn't got alot of money either. Even if she did why get a lawyer and pay out the rearend when she most likely will lose anyway.

BelizeBreeze

Paula-N-Mom said:
:mad: What is the name of your state? Indiana
My stepdad died last July. He had a son who never contacted him. My 75 yr. old mom was married to my stepdad for 42.5 yrs. There was no will because they always thought that when one of them passed away that the other would automatically inheiret whatever they shared. When my mom tried to have the property transferred to her name we find out that the long lost son has a right to 75% of everything she has. Isn't there a law to protect her? She is afraid that the so called son will have her thrown out in the street. Knowing him he would! Someone please help!!! She hasn't got alot of money either. Even if she did why get a lawyer and pay out the rearend when she most likely will lose anyway.
and who told you that the son has this right?

BelizeBreeze

Well?

If this issue is important to you then come back and answer the question. If it's not that important then it's not that important to us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">