• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

? about selling the home during probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redngold

The estate will create a deed transferring it to you.

Of course that is presuming all the estate debts are paid without having to sell the house.
She prepaid her final expenses when my dad passed several years ago. She also paid off all her credit cards so outside of a minor hospital bill copay everything was paid.

redngold

For the notice to the franchise tax board, do I include a copy of the death certificate, or do I send the certificate itself?

roberttpatt

Need An Advice from Professional

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am the executor for my mom's will. She left the home to me in the will, and I also already live there. My question is, if I sell the home during probate but prior to final distribution, where does the money go from the sale? Will it go into my account or do I need to set up a special account, and do I have access to the money before final distribution? I am planning on buying a home elsewhere, so I need to know when I will have access to the funds. I am pro per, so I appreciate any information provided.
If you want to solve all your legal matters, then you can hire the probate attorney. A probate lawyer is type of state licensed attorney who, through years of mentoring, continuing legal education and experience, understands how to advise Personal Representatives.

redngold

The four month wait is coming to an end next month, and I will be filing for final distribution. Upon filing, do I get another court date to wait for, or do I just wait for the judge to grant my final petition?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">